Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week 22: A Sweet lil' Spaghetti Squash




*Total weight gain?: 149.5~  up 5 this week and 18.5 total. Holy S***!!! Recently, people have been very sweetly telling me that they "see it in my face," but....THERE'S NO BABY IN MY FACE PEOPLE!!!! It's really not different than complementing me on my growing cankles...but I digress.
*Pregnancy Symptoms: He's kicking all the time this week! I think he usually kicks at night, but since I'm on vacation and do NOTHING I think he's confused and doesn't know when I'm sleeping. Whatever the reason, he's not as shy as with those kicks and I love 'em!
*How big is baby?:The length of a spaghetti squash (whatever that is!)
*Sleep: Pretty good except I wake up at least 2 times a night to pee.
Sex:  a little boy :)
*Maternity clothes: YES! Even when I wear clothes that are not form fitting, people come up to me and ask when I'm due. I guess the gig is up- there's no hiding a spaghetti squash!
*Stretch marks: Shockingly, no.
*Movement: With all the tornadoes on the news lately, I've decided to categorize little man's kicks and last night was a category 5! He actually woke me up out of a dead sleep doing some crazy acrobatics. He had to be flipping and turning at the same time because he was out of control. I actually had to tell him to calm down! I was relieved though b/c after flying for nearly a day straight getting back from Hawaii I hadn't felt him much. Always glad to know things are going well in there, as I have no clue what he's doing :)
*Food cravings: Nothing in particular...everything around me has been fair game. 
*Labor signs:N/A
*Belly button in or out: In. For now. I think I have about 2 more weeks of being an "innie." I think I'm starting to get a little linea negra too...We shall see.

*What I miss: being able to bend over to pick something up without making noises. Also, I miss hot tubs.
*What I'm looking forward to: Starting the baby's room! I think we settled on some patterns and themes :) May be a little vacation inspired, but this is "Baby Boats" by Pottery Barn Kids. Not sure what to paint the wall...leaning towards green.

View In Room
*Best Moment of the Week: Feeling the category 5 last night :)
*Chris' Weekly Advice to our Unborn Child: Same ol' gambler's lyrics. This is only because the baby will only kick to songs about gambling.  Great, right? I guess I better learn how to play Texas Hold 'Em!
 You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
Know when to run
You never count your money
When you're sittin' at the table
There'll be time enough for countin'
When the dealin's done.


http://toneitup.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/spaghetti-squash-tone-it-up-we-love-food-friday.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment