Saturday, March 26, 2011

Week 15: A Navel Orange





*How far along?: in the 15th week!

*Total weight gain?: 7 pounds: 138.5...I KNOW I was more than that a couple days ago...Ramen Noodles have like 8000mg of sodium. Not the best thing to want to eat!
*Pregnancy Symptoms: I'm a total whack job this week. I've been worrying a lot about nothing and I've been getting random headaches- I'm not a fan. Also I cried at work because I had 5 patients come at the same time. That's nice and embarrassing. Also I'm starting to have round ligament pain when I change positions- it's the ligament that attaches the uterus to the pubic bones and it's stretching. It can take your breath away!!!

*How big is baby?: 4 1/2 inches. This isn't our baby, but this is someone's baby at 15 weeks. Pretty incredible!
http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/img/week15-fetus.jpg

*Sleep: pretty decent, but I wake up a lot to go to the bathroom. 
Sex:  We are definitely finding out. I think April 18th or 20 something. Somewhere around there. 
*Maternity clothes: Still no maternity clothes, but I really am starting to need something more than a bella band. 
*Stretch marks: Nope, not yet anyways!
*Movement: I'm probably crazy, but I THINK I felt  a flutter the other day that was not any kind of feeling I've ever had. Maybe it was the baby?? We went Thursday to the doctor- apparently everything is still going well. We didn't get to see Baby M, but we did get to hear the heart beat for the first time. Such a beautiful sound! It was 152 bpm...which again tells us nothing about the gender, but that's perfect for our lil' orange!
*Food cravings: Hearty meals, fruits, pastas, MEAT.
*Labor signs:N/A
*Belly button in or out: In.
*What I miss: My sanity! I think part of that is the pregnancy and part of it is working 3 jobs. That is getting really hard.
*What I'm looking forward to: Finding out the sex and feeling the baby move for real!
*Best Moment of the Week: Chris kissed my belly this morning really sweetly then said in his best Darth Vader voice "I am your faaaatheeeeer." 

Side Note: I'm feeling a little bit better about labor because I've had multiple friends tell me that exercise makes all the difference and I'm at least active at work. Chris and I are making a pact to try to walk the neighborhood at least a few times a week. I tried yesterday, with Laney and Marley...needless to say, I didn't make it very far!

Something fun I found on the internet:

                              

Pregnancy Wives’ Tales

Even though we know that old wives’ tales about pregnancy really aren’t true, a lot of us ladies still enjoy reading them. It’s kind of fun trying to predict what gender your baby will be and what he or she might look like. Here are a few of the wives’ tales out there.

Baby’s heart rate - If baby’s heart rate is 140 or below you are having a boy and if it is over 140 you are having a girl.

Carrying high or low - If you are carrying your baby high you are having a girl and if you are carrying your baby low you are having a boy.

Watermelon or basketball - If your belly looks like a watermelon you are having a girl and if it looks like a basketball you are having a boy.

Morning sickness - If you having really bad morning sickness you are having a girl and if you are not having morning sickness you are having a boy.

Cravings - If you are craving meats and cheese you are having a boy and if you are craving sweets you are having a girl.

Heartburn - If you are having a lot of heartburn, your baby will have a lot of hair on his head.

No comments:

Post a Comment