Thursday, August 11, 2011

Week 34: an average cantaloupe

At this point, we've finally got the room almost finished. This is a big relief to me as it's getting a lot harder for me to move around these days. In fact, this little boy has grown quite fond of my ribs and he likes to kick them often. This in itself is not so bad, it's the fact that when he's doing this, he's also encroaching on my lungs/ diaphragm, which makes me lightheaded, dizzy, and short of breath after so much as a long conversation. Seeing as how I need to be on my feet ALL day for my job, showing people exercises and doing deep tissue work on people, this has been a problem. I called my doctor and she recommended 'maternity spanks' to give me extra support. I couldn't understand how this could remotely help, but it did! I happened to have a couple pair from when Megan Bondi lent me hers to wear with dresses ~they make your belly button look flat :D~ and now  I wear my maternity spanks every day. I swear it's the only way I can work without feeling faint. I think they cram him in there pretty good, because when I take them off after work he goes nuts!
http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=461b5648a2&view=att&th=131b91134775c430&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw
Week 34

*Total weight gain?: 157.5...26 total.
* Pregnancy Symptoms:  tired, fat, dizzy, emotional, hard to roll over, chronically tired, braxton hicks contractions...

*How big is baby?:  The size of an average cantaloupe! about 18 inches and about 5 pounds. He's getting big!
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/extension/texascrops/cucurbitsmeloncrops/cantaloupe.jpg
Little buddy is about this big!
*Sleep: whenever I can.
Sex:  a little boy!!
*Maternity clothes: duh.
*Stretch marks: so far so good...
*Movement: Yep!
*Food cravings: meat, fruit, tempura, sushi (it's almost not even worth it, but I've been eating chicken tempura sushi every day to kind of get this craving).
*Labor signs: Braxton Hicks...I always get them when I try to do my kegals. It's kind of frustrating! I guess I can't do ANY exercises.... :)
*Belly button in or out: I guess it's out now.
*What I miss: being able to pick things up off the floor without it being a big ordeal.
*What I'm looking forward to:  Rocking this baby in our new glider 
*Best Moment of the Week:  Finding an awesome glider from Craig's list for way cheap. They even threw in a 'train table' and a rocking horse! Nice people :)

No comments:

Post a Comment