Friday, February 25, 2011

Ultrasound #2 and Week 10


Baby Maxwell's 2nd Picture :)

So I haven't actually put anything up in 2 weeks because I was a little demoralized when Dr. Ayres told us we had been comparing our (what we thought was) 9 week old fetus to an olive a week too soon. This was very frustrating to me as I thoroughly enjoy our Saturday fruit upgrades and had to wait a WHOLE extra week for our little one to get bigger :)


Anyways, we have thankfully and gratefully made it yet another week into this little adventure and have officially graduated to week #10: The Age of the Kumquat. While some baby bump sources compare the 10 week old fetus to a prune, I have found that the kumquat comparison is much more appealing and interesting. After all, who likes prunes? I should bite my tongue, as maybe I'll be singing a different tune as the months progress...gross.

http://hometowncolumbia.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/prune-smoothie.jpg
The doctor says our little one is developing right on schedule for our 2nd visit. He has little arms, legs, and we can now see the jaw bone. It is unbelievable! The heart rate was 170 bpm, which is normal/ high. This is apparently good, and a strong heart beat is indicative of a happy, healthy growing baby. I heard once that you can tell the gender from the HR, but the stats I found on 10 week fetal heart rates are a little discouraging for knowing the gender already. I still say boy.

                                     











Overall I have been feeling pretty good. I still am not sure if I have a baby bump or a food baby, but there is definitely something there now!


*How far along?: 10 weeks
*Total weight gain?: 5 pounds: 136#
*Pregnancy Symptoms: So emotional! I cried while listening to a Katy Perry song. Like sobbed. Holy ridiculous!
*How big is baby?: The size of a kumquat!
*Sleep: I am still really tired, but for some reason I keep waking up at like 4:30 or 5. It's really annoying. Thankfully I can usually go back to sleep...but when I do I have recurring dreams that Chris is gone. The other night I dreamt he told me he was going to live with his friend Jon. Sad. Fortunately, he says all the right things when I tell him these crazy dreams. 
Sex:  BOY. still don't know for sure yet. But I am willing to take bets.
*Maternity clothes: Noooo...but my pants dont button. It must be time to figure out this whole Bella Band thing.
*Stretch marks: Nope
*Movement: Baby M danced for us during this ultrasound! <3
*Food cravings: fruit smoothies every morning. DE-LISH.
*Labor signs:N/A
*Belly button in or out: In.
*What I miss: wine and redbull...this new job is ROUGH
*What I'm looking forward to: finding out the gender. We can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment