Saturday, September 17, 2011

Week 39/ Early Week 40

Week 39



*Total weight gain?: 163..32 total. 

Pregnancy Symptoms:  I look like a beached whale?? Ummm...let's see the newer ones: Well, I've had the same 'heavy' feeling in my lower abdomen, I've had 3 ultrasounds since last visit. My amniotic fluid levels have been low and I've had to be on bed rest for a full week and "take it easy" precautions since Monday. According to the all-knowing google, normal ranges of amniotic fluid go from 5-25cm depending on what week you are. Apparently, after 34 weeks it naturally gets less due to the baby is bigger than there is space for it. Mine was 6cm the first US, 7cm the second one and 8+ on the third one. The 3rd one is what got me my "take it easy" precautions, in which I'm allowed to go do simple things like get manicures and get a couple things from the grocery store, but nothing more intense than that. Still a bazillion times better than bed rest!

*How big is baby?:  According to ultrasound #1 (about 10 days ago), he was about 7 pounds +/- 14 ounces. By that rationale, I'm thinking he will be closer to 8 pounds when he is born. I'm also guessing about 21 inches. 

Here's his little face :)


At birth, I was roughly 7 pounds 14 ounces and 20 inches and Chris was 10+ pounds and 24 inches (a freaking toddler!!!).


*Sleep: Lots.

Sex:  a little boy!!

*Movement: Yes, he's still wiggling, though not as many major movements these days. This is good because he is 'in position to make his great escape.'

*Food cravings: TCBY! I've been playing with a business proposition to add a delivery team to said or any other fro yo stores. Ice cream by means of wasting 10 calories or less of effort is EXACTLY what America needs.

*Labor signs: Still 1-2 cm and 60% effaced. Definitely had more Braxton Hicks contractions lately, but nothing super exciting. The MD wants to induce labor on Monday morning (9/19/11), because of the risky amniotic fluid levels. I'm dreading this because I've heard horror stories about pitocin. That being said, I've being trying EVERY wive's tale I've heard of to get this baby a little more motivated to see the outside world! 

Here's my personal research/ lessons learned thus far:

1. spicy food = terrible heart burn
2. eggplant parm from Maggianos = delicious, but didn't work.
3. eggplant parm from Scalinis = Much better than maggianos and more pieces (4 vs 2). We might have had more success here if we didn't leave half of it at the restaurant. So sad!
4. Marital relations....Not helpful. Nough said.
5. Deep squats = REALLY hard, and uneventful.
6. My signature 'shimmy dance' with hamstring curls (per Chris' request)  = laughable.
7. Reflexology: I spent $150 at my favorite nail salon to activate specific pressure points associated with labor: The inner ankles, web space of the hands, and upper trap areas. This did get the baby to kick like crazy, but the only change was that he went from having one foot on my ribs to 2 feet on my ribs. They REALLY hurt. And my doc says he still hasn't dropped, so that's great.
8. Chinese food followed by a specific chain of events per a friend's recommendation: didn't work for me!

*Belly button in or out: I'm usually an outie now. It's a little sensitive to touch, so I cram it back in and cover it with a bandaid so I don't accidentally hit it on things (you'd be surprised!).

*What I miss:: not having to tape my belly button, bending, rolling over, sleeping through the night (I hear this gets better), wearing normal clothes (even the maternity clothes I have are getting a little too tight for me)....you get the idea.

*What I'm looking forward to:  Tuesday!!! The hard part should be over by then?!?!?

*Best Moment of the Week:  Finding out that our little guy is still doing great in there and passed all his ultrasound tests. His heart, lungs, kidneys, and body is all developing normally. He's also practicing breathing- which blew my mind to see. I'm so proud :)

Also, not being on bed rest is pretty awesome!

2 comments:

  1. Loved this post. Very entertaining. Pitocin is seriously NOT that bad. I've done it 4 out of 5 times...w/ epidural all 4 of those times. NOTHING scary about it. It starts your contractions for you and it hurts...ummmm, oh yeah, I think that's called labor. You will be FINE and you will be in great hands! I am so excited for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how tiny you are! LOL I was a whale! I'll give you dolphin size;) lol! I can't believe you're still preggo either! I really thought that you would go early! ...Oh and the bellybutton bandaide trick is great!....Why didn't I think of that! It is so strange how sensitive it is!
    Can't wait to meet little Harrison! I hope we're on the phone list so we will be able to come visit! HUGS! Fallon

    ReplyDelete