Thursday, September 8, 2011

Week 38...He's the length of a leek!



*Total weight gain?: 159...28 total. Math is hard.



* Pregnancy Symptoms:  Well we had another ultrasound, and yes I'm STILL pregnant. We had the ultrasound to ensure that this baby wouldn't be as big as Chris (which thankfully he's not). During the ultrasound they took measures of his head, spine, heart, kidneys, liver and amniotic fluid. Although the nurse told us the baby looks great, she sent the doctor in the reevaluate the amniotic fluid levels. They are low (I'm not sure how low), and require me to be on partial bed rest. This means I get to be home, but I'm really only allowed to get up for food/ bathroom needs. I've been trying to lump them in the same time frames, and have created a "nest" around my area of the couch. Chris came home from work and commented that I was really settling into the couch over here. I have to admit, I do have probably too many empty glasses, cans of coconut juice (thanks Justin!), and plates around me, but I am not supposed to be up doing anything unnecessary, like cleaning dishes! (I'm milking this!).



*How big is baby?:  I have something more exact for the first time this week: according to his measurements, they are guessing (+/- 14 ounces) that he is roughly 7 pounds. They really want me to stay pregnant for another 7-10 days, so he might get closer to 8. We shall see! I'm happy with 7 though :)


*Sleep: Better- I actually took not one but TWO naps today. They were both glorious. I am so bored.


*Movement: Yes, but he's slowing down. Today I realized I hadn't felt him in a while and he didn't get his 11:30 hiccups (he really gets them every day at 11:30!), so I freaked out. I tried everything I could think of to make him kick, and he wouldn't budge. I called Chris and told him I was giving this little guy 30 more minutes before I marched into the hospital and demanded some fetal monitoring. I took a shower and then he decided he would wake up a little bit. Then he kicked like a maniac for 2.5 hours straight and got a nice case of the hiccups, making his mommy very happy :)


*Food cravings: Not really. Chris did bring me some eggplant parmesan from Maggianos today. I thought it was just a wives tale that if you eat eggplant parm you go into labor, but apparently eggplant has pitocin in it which can induce labor. I figure its a long shot, but why not? I love the stuff!


*Labor signs: We went to the doc Tues, and saw the midwife, Barbara. She did my exam and found that I have made no progress since last week. This is probably not a bad thing, as he could stand to cook a little longer (as long as he has enough fluid in there!). That means we're still 1-2 cm dilated and 60% effaced.



*Belly button in or out: it can be flat, or if he wants to the baby can kick it way out and I hate it. I wonder if it will ever look like a belly button again??
*What I miss: everything.
*What I'm looking forward to:  Seeing this little guy come out healthy!
*Best Moment of the Week:  Finding out that our baby is practicing breathing in utero, and, according to the docs,  will likely do well when he gets out. I'm getting anxious about delivery though!


Oh, and it feels good to be done with work for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment