Saturday, July 2, 2011

Week 28: A Chinese Cabbage and the end of the 2nd Trimester!

Week 28: A Chinese Cabbage!


*Total weight gain?: 152...21 total.
*How big is baby?: A Chinese Cabbage: another item at the grocery store that I have casually overlooked in the past, but I have a new appreciation for said Asian vegtable, as I can appreciate how big it is! Our "chinese cabbage baby" is approximately 15 inches long and somewhere between 2-3 pounds! 
http://www.childbirthconnection.org/images/28weekspregnant.gifhttp://vegetableorganicgarden.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Chinese-Cabbage.jpg

*Sleep: All the time!!! I feel like I have some pregnancy related narcolepsy. Chris actually suggested this the other day as he seemed genuinely concerned with how much I'm sleeping, posing the questions: "How would you be able to function next time you're pregnant with a toddler???" There's a lot of hypotheticals in his question...My answer consisted of something along the lines of not having 3 jobs. I think that would help :)
Sex:  a little boy!!
*Maternity clothes: I love them...I wear Amy's clothes every day. I feel like I look somewhat normal in her old navy maternity pants...Although I did look at this same pair earlier in the year at the store and walked out in a panic as I decided I would NOT wear penguin/ humpty dumpty pants. *sigh*
*Stretch marks: Not that I can see!
*Movement: Yes, and from what I can tell he likes to sleep in a 'diagonal' like his daddy...I can feel him on complete opposite ends: bottom left and top right at the same time! He's getting stronger and longer!
*Food cravings: MEAT. I've been cooking a fair amount lately, and I am thoroughly disgusted with myself. I am not a vegetarian by any stretch, but I would say that my pre-pregnant self would eat meat every few days. Now I eat hearty portions of meat every day....potatos are a favorite side. In fact, making potato salad with bacon has been a new hobby of mine. Gross and delicious at the same time.
*Labor signs: Nope- but the strength in these kicks is a bit foreshadowing to me demanding an epidural in about 12 weeks!
*Belly button in or out: Flattish in sometimes out.
*What I miss: Changing positions without it being an event complete with noises and groans....oh and energy.
*What I'm looking forward to:  Getting little man's room together! Mr. Bronzino is going to help us out with picking practical furniture and is sharing his gorgeous talent of creating italian plastering on the walls. We are SOOO lucky! Also really excited about my baby shower in a couple weeks :)
*Chris' Weekly Advice to our Unborn Child: Don't be a serial killer!
*Best Moment of the Week:  Feeling more kicking and realizing that we're in the 3rd trimester!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment