Saturday, June 18, 2011

Week 26: Hothouse Cucumber!

Week 26: Hothouse Cucumber

...sorry for the blurry pic I got lazy :)


*Total weight gain?: 150...19 total. I've been trying to eat better (all the major food groups every day + vitamins) but who knows. I think I'm missing some major potassium though (which I don't understand b/c I still eat fruit) because I have been getting the most ungodly charlie horse in my right leg...I'm talking it's hard to walk for 2 days charlie horses. I'm pretty sure lil' man is taking it all for himself!
*Pregnancy Symptoms: Still have a good little kicker in there but my most major symptoms would have to be the leg cramps in my right leg, occasional numbness in my right hand (that has gone beyond just numbness and actually hurts sometimes at night), I forget everything, and I sleep roughly 14 hours a day (this often includes 2-4 hour naps after work). Chris has forced me to leave the house on several occasions so he can actually see me get off the couch. He demanded that I go to the movies last week (I know- what a jerk!)


*How big is baby?: A hot house cucumber!! He's allegedly around 14 inches long and somewhere around 1.75 pounds. ***These sources are starting to say that these estimates are now rough as babies start developing at different rates at this point and are based on having a 7.5 baby at 40 weeks.


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi3DERsSgEPXTZXuQRBOdbxV89ocuQpAT3UKFhRuIhdtvZuAfuPvbVfzMg7G_e7C_j2FY7_10eglOT8QgHrwFQfAlY5bOF7YVj0_1AwZdnOD2mMlB7_DJfdEt9X_Fa_EN7VDff5LgqqIjA/s1600/Persian+cucumbers.jpg
The baby is the size of a Hothouse Cucumber!
*Sleep: Pretty good except the charlie horses...and little events like the other night: The power went out while we were watching TV, and all the power came back on around 4 am, which involved the TV coming back onto whatever ESPN channel we were watching (my "favorite"). He heard me SOBBING uncontrollably in my sleep and had to WAKE me UP to get me to stop. When he asked what was wrong I told him I dreamed I kept turning the TV off and it kept coming back on and he wouldn't help me. Point being: my dreams are ridiculous and vivid and I am an emotional train wreck. 

Sex:  a little boy!!
*Maternity clothes: I love them and I think I'll wear them forever :)

*Stretch marks: Not that I can see!
*Movement: Oh yeah!
 
*Food cravings: Not really...but Chris called me yesterday to tell me he was going to CostCo- which I was already there. He decided to come in anyways and help me (because he's awesome AND because he doesn't trust me in the grocery store anymore). He proceeded to examine my cart. I was largely buying ingredients for Jon and Ally's Couple's Shower that we're throwing this coming weekend, but I had a couple personal items in there as well. After returning half the cart (easily $150 in things we didn't need and things my MD would NOT approve of), I could see him wish he could take away my CostCo card. He didn't though- he just said "Aren't you glad I came?" ...I couldn't really answer that!

*Labor signs: Nope!
*Belly button in or out: I don't know what you would call that thing that used to be my belly button. I'll show you next week.

*What I miss: Changing positions without it being an event complete with noises and groans....oh and energy (this blog is a week late!)

*What I'm looking forward to:  getting the baby's room started. Now we're getting into procrastination mode!

*Chris' Weekly Advice to our Unborn Child: "When you're cutting up jalepenos, you should wash your hands BEFORE you go to the bathroom." This was a little pearl that Chris learned the hard way. "But if you don't follow my wise words, remember that vegtable oil > milk > soap > water."
*Best Moment of the Week:  Eating a big juicy steak because I realized that wasn't really on my list of things I can't have :) 


*Random Balmes/ Maxwell news: My brother Justin has been appearing on the Next Food Network Star each week and here are some highlights of last week's episode. He also offered to do the food for Jon and Ally's couple's shower so we are so excited to let him show off his talent to good friends!

Justin making pizza - Giada wanted to smell it.


They loved his pizza :)


So happy in the kitchen!


Not so happy in front of the camera...


The judges generally LOVE his food :)

No comments:

Post a Comment